Friday, October 1, 2010

New to this

This time, however, my husband is on board, along with 3 of our 4 children. Our oldest, who is 18, hasn't bought what I'm selling (yet!), but I'll give it time.

Why do I call it "herbivore eating" or "plant only eating"? Here is the reason...when you say that you are Vegan, or that you "eat Vegan" or are a "dietary Vegan" or pretty much use the term Vegan when you've cut out eating animal products for health reasons, and not only because of ethical reasons, die hard Vegans get really ticked off! I can respect that, it's just that there isn't any other term out there that means "I do not eat animal products, and this decision was based mostly on health reasons".

However, for the sake of simplicity, I am going to refer to "eating a plant based diet" as eating Vegan in this blog from now on, or at least until I come up with a better term for it.

So, on that note, I hope you enjoy following me on this Vegan eating journey. It has opened my mind, eyes and my arteries, I've loved every minute of it (almost:) so far, and can never see myself heading out for a steak again!

No comments:

Post a Comment